Night Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With war around every corner, how will you handle the future?

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Romance Unaware
What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 7:09 pm by Jinkx

» First Impressions [Mizumi]
What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:25 pm by Strix Blackblade

» Attacked by...love? (Zeth and Melane)
What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:18 am by Zeth

» Things have Changed.(Ishia)
What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Mizumi

» Ragnell - Zeth's blade
What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:32 am by Luna

» Love is in the air
What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:24 am by Luna

» Try Try Try Again
What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 7:01 pm by Jinkx

» Events!
What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 4:09 pm by Moriarty

» Site Updates
What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 8:54 pm by Luna

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:02 pm

What needs to be done

Go down 
+2
Shaylyn Nisandern
Ishia Oteara
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

What needs to be done Empty
PostSubject: What needs to be done   What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 3:45 pm

Alright guys, i'm sure everyone has read Caelum's post about how lax the site is on advertising and how we're losing members because of it. And Caelum's right. We need more people and I need to be more active. However, part of the reason I haven't put out promotions yet for the site is because I feel like it's not finished. far from, actually. so on that note, I want everyone, EVERYONE! to tell me what they want to see in the site, what they think works and should be kept, and things that don't work and need to be scrapped. And yes, I know the whole point system for Humans doesn't work and i'll get on that one myself. But I digress. Please tell me what you guys want to see, and for the love of god, please no fighting! this is an opinion thread, and the person with the last say is me, no one else. that said, even if it's an outlandish idea and you're not sure I would do it, say it anyways. I might like the base idea and modify it to the site accordingly.
Back to top Go down
http://ffworld.darkbb.com/
Shaylyn Nisandern

Shaylyn Nisandern

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done   What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 3:51 pm

I'm fine with a point system IF we give everyone one. Like how Trever suggested (or something like she did at one point) way back when when no one wanted to hear her opinions. It would also give us a starting point on things, help us gauge how strong people are, and it could maybe help fix the problem of this whole "money" question. You do so many threads or posts or something, you get money for it, and then you save and spend that money on cool items like weapons. It gives everyone something common to go for.
Back to top Go down
Zeth
Character Killer
Zeth

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done   What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 4:29 pm

I agree with the point system, it could be added, and it should be soon since we don't have many members yet. Also, current events should be posted somewhere in the storyline subforum to help keep people informed without them having to go through every forum to read all the posts.
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done   What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Personally I have seen points systems work wonders and then I have seen them burn and Die I personally for power don't agree with them for money I like it as an ideas. As for other ideas inh e past I ha a few and they all got shot down and now on the new site they won't work but I will poke my head Aroud at everthing as see what should be done.
Back to top Go down
Shaylyn Nisandern

Shaylyn Nisandern

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done   What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 5:02 pm

POINT UNO:

I am talking about stat points. Like you set ground rules for that. Like the following thing:
Strength= 20
Speed= 15
Accuracy= 20
Stamina=17

Something like that. You do so many threads and get awarded points after each thread is done, or you get a certain amount of points after so many posts. I think it should be after you completed a thread and someone looked at it and said "Yeah. This person created a plot, did so much, and gets X amount of Stat Points" They would also get awarded money for the thread as well.

POINT UNO SIDE NOTE:

Though we could do money a different way. Every time you do something like a mission or a job type thing. You sell some things or you go scouting or something like that. You do something that would actually cause your character to get money and that would be how you get money.

POINT DOS:

I really don't see why we need an over all time line thread. Who is going to have the time to sit down and personally read all of the threads ever created on this site? If someone wants to do their own time line thing, that's fine. But to make someone sit down and personally sift through all of the treads is like asking someone to smash their heads through a wall over and over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Caelum Petrova

Caelum Petrova

Location : "You either have to commit to it, or make out in a tree." - Shay Bae

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done   What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Personally, I could give two shits about individual time lines. I think they're pointless and a complete waste of time. I have no desire to read other's shit, and I'm sure most of you feel the same. I like Shay's point uno though. The stats would be nice to have for everyone.

The forum graphics need to be changed. I can gladly help you with that, I'm really good when it comes to graphics. This forum just looks so old school and lame. We need to draw attention and what always catches someone's eye? Appearance.
Back to top Go down
Trever Valens

Trever Valens

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done   What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 5:25 pm

I agree with Shay, Zeth, and Cae with the stats. I feel like having a stat and currency system on this forum would make the experience more rewarding. Something fresh, new, and organized would be amazing for new and old members alike. These are things I've said in the past and I realize not everyone digs hard numbers though. I had something good last time, I was really close to a breakthrough in a good but simple innovative forum system years ago, but yeah, that's sort of all gone now. The admin has expressed a lack of time, but regardless I'd be happy to help create a working system again should that be what everyone wants to do. Because I disagree that a lack of one person's time should mean that nothing gets done around here, simply put.

I know we've talked about this and I know it's on the way, but once we're more established I'd like to start seeing more events, serious to recreational. And I personally think that every character's storyline's should be represented, to keep this 'chain of events' flowing (so that the ideas aren't just all up to the admin). I think that we should even be having new events up monthly or bi monthly (keeping certain events open for that long, maybe there's a break in between, and then we start up a new one). Events are a great way to get everyone to share in something together and that's one of the biggest things I actually miss about this place about 3 years back. There was a time where everyone got together and did fricking righteous shit. Like dethroning the Changeling Queen Ame to free the vamps and weres from her rule, for example. We should be able to do big things like that again, all together. But even if a month's event is just a celebration, a wedding, a funeral (if someone dies), a random ball, a picnic, some weird wacky magical occurrence where every character switches bodies, etc. It could be anything. And I'd love to just be able to enjoy those moments with everyone. But again, this is reiterated with some added ideas, I know events are coming soon anyways at some point. Just wanted to toss it out there.

As for one that hasn't been brought up, this werewolf would like to see an in character widget or system for determining moon phases. Maybe you want to make your own in character calender while we're at it? It'd be nice to know what day, moon phase, season, year we're in at any one given time. Not saying to place a system on this either, this only has to be as complicated as one wants to make it, but I'd even suggest having a certain number of out of character days be one in character day, so that you can switch the day, randomly generate weather, move time along in a fashionable way etc.
At the very least we NEED a weather and moon phase widget, for werewolves and for powers and effects based on the weather.

Appearance...yeah I get where Caelum's coming from. He's one artsy mother fucker. But I like simple. If we can still keep it simple, I wouldn't mind a change in skin. It hasn't been changed since...lord knows when.

Also, I think as a general note. Something to just chew on. Maybe its just me. But I think you need to be a little more accepting in help, Zaku. In fact, I think we need another admin. So I nominate Shay. This is really her place and all and I don't know why she gave it to you in the first place, but beyond that I don't think anyone should be the one singular 'god' of this place. I think it's vain and I don't like the air it carries because simply put, you're not doing well on your own. That's only said out of concern for the site, nothing else. But its case and point for any forum. There isn't just one admin, there's always two and beyond. Yes, there is a head admin, there's that one guy that always has the final say, but I think anyone needs help and you aren't exempt from that. I mean, like Caelum, I've been an admin many times and I've always had a co admin. I've specifically been his Cae's co admin two or three times now. We all need help, and you shouldn't be ashamed or denying of it.
Back to top Go down
Caelum Petrova

Caelum Petrova

Location : "You either have to commit to it, or make out in a tree." - Shay Bae

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done   What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 7:05 pm

It's true. We all need help, and sometimes we just gotta' swallow that little bit of pride and ask for it. Trever has saved me on multiple accounts with him as my co-admin. He always had these brilliant ideas that brought so much to my forums in the past, I owe him my life for it all. It's good to have help from others. It allows a stress-free environment and also a lot of variety. As I said, we all need help and that's all that we want to give to you. We're here for 'ya man, not against 'ya.
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done   What needs to be done I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 11:31 pm

Strix brought up a good point about Magic Weapons. NO WEAPON can be made Twice. SO if the weapon is destroyed or slot an exact replica can't be made again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done   What needs to be done I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What needs to be done
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Night Wars :: Admin :: Story Line-
Jump to: