Night Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With war around every corner, how will you handle the future?

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Romance Unaware
Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 7:09 pm by Jinkx

» First Impressions [Mizumi]
Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:25 pm by Strix Blackblade

» Attacked by...love? (Zeth and Melane)
Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:18 am by Zeth

» Things have Changed.(Ishia)
Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Mizumi

» Ragnell - Zeth's blade
Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:32 am by Luna

» Love is in the air
Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:24 am by Luna

» Try Try Try Again
Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 7:01 pm by Jinkx

» Events!
Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 4:09 pm by Moriarty

» Site Updates
Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 8:54 pm by Luna

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:02 pm

Things have Changed.(Ishia)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mizumi

Mizumi

Things have Changed.(Ishia) Empty
PostSubject: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 9:49 pm

Mizumi wandered through the market of a once familiar city. Arborla use too be her home away from home and it had changed so much. She looked around at the vendors smiling as she saw all of the races there though most of them where vampires just because they lived int he city or near by. The Vendors hawked there wares and it was jumbled commotion of sounds and smells that made her a little dizzy after being away from people for so long. She hadn't been around people for several years before she was captured and then for the past month or so that she had woken up so it was a little confusing.

Mizumi looked around at the signs of the permanent vendors and saw the sign for a bar and stepped into the dim quiet bar and was hit with a wave a cooler air then that of the crowded market place. She sat down in a corner booth and looked up at the bar and started a little when she saw that there where a few Humans standing behind glass behind the liquor. It was something she had heard about the wealthy doing with Humans they chose too enslaved but it was strange too see with all the relations where good between all races. but whens he saw a sign that said in big red letters
" All blood letting is paid and consensual."

Mizumi flushed a bit and wondered what would make any human want too give blood for money. When she really thought about it it was not all that dissimilar from giving sex for money. It still didn't sit with her right but it it was consensual a fresh glass that wasn't animals would be wonderful. She got her blood drank it quickly throwing some money down on the table being generous with a tip hoping the Humans saw of the tips as well as normal pay. She then stepped back into the crowd and continued on her way.
Back to top Go down
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Ishia hadn't been up into Arborla for some time. Definitely longer than before he met Mizumi only a month before. So when he decided to checkon his mother again he packed up his wares and closed his shop in Jenar. Sure, he was seeing his family, but that didn't mean he couldn't hawk his wares in Arborla. As it was, he was able to sell his furs and pelts anywhere he chose to. Everyone needed furs and hides for clothing, shoes, and whatnot. So, he rented out a stall in the market and set up shop. Of course, it wasn't all too big, and it was sorta tucked away, but he got customers soon enough. He even brought the panther skin he decided to get when he was with Melanie not too long ago. "Hope she's alright. Undead hoards can be very tramatizing..." Ishia thought to himself, slipping into a reprieve. Why would someone go through the trouble of taking his sword? Erien wasn't all that powerful, he thought.

A customer broke him out of his thoughts and he looked to them. A Vampire, one who was interested in the panther skin. They talked and he showed her the quality, and she tried haggling with him. He'd asked for a higher price as it was, so he let it down a little, letting the woman think she was talking him down. Despite all appearances, he was a bit of a shrewd businessman. Once he got the woman to buy it, his thoughts slipped back to Melanie, more specifically their time waking up Mizumi. They hadn't gotten very acquainted then, but it was something. Something maybe like friendship.

But then something hit him. He was in Arborla. He let Mizumi feed around here not a month past. So it stood to reason she might be around somewhere. Since it was around noon, he decided to close early and take lunch, and try to find Mizumi. He looked around. The market was busy at this time, so it would be difficult to see anyone in a crowd. He also didn't remember Mizumi's scent, so he couldn't go sniffing around that way. He was so distracted, he didn't notice he walked into another Vampire's path, and was knocked down. "Son of a...." Ishia started and looked up.
Back to top Go down
http://ffworld.darkbb.com/
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 10:23 pm

"Oh I am sorry" Mizumi said still looking around not the man she just bumped into looking wide eyes at everything but the person she bumped into. She had put her long hair in 2 pigtail braids so combined with her wide eyed expression at the sheer mass of people she looked very young. Almost the age that she appeared that her old eyes usually betrayed. It took Ishia to even register who it was who knocked him down and by then she was already flowing back into the crowd. But she was headed for the fountain that lead too intersection which was a great place too watch people and that was exactly what she planed to do.

Mizumi finally got too the fountain. It was very different from the one that was there in the old days and she smiled looking at the sculpture with an appreciation for the art it was. She sat on the edge of it watching the crowed twisting the end of one of her braids absentmindedly as she watched everything around her with intense fascination. One of the biggest things that fascinated her was the style of clothing had changed drastically. She use too be the oddball int he way she dressed now she blends in as both practical and mobile.

Last edited by Mizumi on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Ishia saw the woman who knocked him down, but didn't register who it was when she said sorry. He got up and turned as she disappeared into the crowd, but not before he caught sight of her hair and her weapons. "silver hair? Twin Katana?" It clicked not soon after he thought this. it was Mizumi! Quickly he changed into his fox form, now knowing what her scent was, and followed it to a fountain. It was artistically sculpted, and Mizumi was sitting on the edge of it.

He trotted up next to her, though he wasn't sure she saw him. He sat down as if he were Human, and transformed into his Human form, putting his hand behind Mizumi's back so if he startled her, she wouldn't wall backwards. "So, is that how everyone greeted their friends back n your time? knocking them down and leaving?" He said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 10:42 pm

Mizumi jumped and stopped herself from reacting purely by instinct when she heard his voice and said "And does everyone in your time have to startle someone they know too greet them?" she said looking back at him and smiling "Hello Ishia its nice too see you again. And sorry I knocked you down. I wasn't really paying attention was I?" She chuckled softly a looking back at the statue and then the crowd.

SHe stayed that way for a moment and said "It has all changed so much...some for the better others for the worse....its just hard to take in...My home wasn't that far away from here...I went too see if anything still stood of it but it looks like time has devoured it and any trace that I can find of my family." She frowned absentmindedly at the crowd the age in her eyes coming back as she talked about her family. Her eyes seemed older then he remembered. But then realizing your thousands out of your time it would age anyone in spirit at least.
Back to top Go down
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:08 pm

"Nah, but it's fun sometimes." He chuckled, drawing his hand back to his lap. "It's nice to see you too Mizumi. and it's alright, I wasn't paying attention much myself. Caught up in getting food for lunch, since anyone working the stalls needs at least some food." He smiled at her easily, lounging back and closing his eyes. It was nice, being in the hustle and bustle of the market place. He sat and listened to Mizumi recount her trip to her od home, and sighed. "Here, let's get something to eat. Don't worry, it's on me. Have you been in the city long? Maybe I can show you a nice place to eat out, if you're planning on staying."Ishia jumped onto his feet and turned, holding his hand out to Mizumi expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:18 pm

Mizumi chuckled softly taking his hand and said "I don't plan to stay. I have made a nice little nook out in a cave in the valley. I don't think I can keep up the Facade of Innocent youngling for longer then a day. Anyway I don't  have enough money. I had some stashes years ago but they are surly long gone." she smiled at him softly " The little money have is from helping trade caravan leader not get eaten by wolves in the middle of the night when he fell the slop of the mountain and broke his leg. He gave me some money as reward but it only gets you so far."

She chuckled as she finished telling her story fallowing Ishia through the crowd easily. "So tell me about this place you are taking me? Also why are you out here. I mean not too be rude but didn't you have a shop somewhere else?" She pushed a strand of hair out of her face as she dodged another person as they finally broke through the hordes of people and moved too a quieter but not by any means quiet street.
Back to top Go down
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Ishia helped her up and started off, listening to her. A cave? That wouldn't do, not at all. And money? Everyone needed at least some income. They ducked onto a less populated street and continued on their way. Maybe he could make her a proposition. It was still forming in his head when She asked him where they were going. "It's just a cozy little restaurant. The prices aren't outrageous and the food's pretty good too. Got a recommendation from a customer the last time I was here." He said, leading her to a store front. The sign on the storefront said A Little Bite. He led Mizumi inside and waited for a server to seat them. "As for what i'm doing out here, I have family not far away. And since it's been a while since I sold anything here, I took an opportunity." He said with a casual shrug. A server showed up and greeted them. "Table for two, please." He said a bit playfully. They were led to a small booth, and Ishia offered Mizumi a seat. "After you." He said warmly.
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:43 pm

Mizumi snorted at the sign. She could not help the pun of something with that name in a vampire city. She rolled her eyes and took the seat he offered and said " Oh a gentlemen I see. Are you sure you are not trying too make this an excuse too take me on a date?"She said teasing him gently. She picked up a menu skimming it but the moment she saw a stake she was going to take Ishia up on offer buying lunch buy getting a meat that wasn't gamy.
Back to top Go down
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:58 pm

Ishia took a seat across the table from her as she teased him about a date. He wasn't, of course, thinking that way, but he was glad to see her smiling. "Me?" He said with dramatic mock horror,"Why, never has the thought crossed my mind!" He smiled at Mizumi and chuckled a little. He knew she was still getting over her family, and he didn't want to be a rebound. But he always tried to make people smile, give them a reason to. He picked up the menu and looked at the choices. He didn't know what to go for this time. He hadn't ever had the steak, but his eyes were drawn more to the Lamb Chop special. He looked at Mizumi and saw she was also looking at the menu, though she seemed disinterested in all but one item. The waitress came by then, ready to take orders. He looked to Mizumi and without pause said, "I'll have the Lamb Chop special, with a side of rabbit stew. If you don't mind. Oh, and a glass of water as well."
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 12:08 am

Mizumi looked up at the waitress and said "The stake please and whatever veggies are fresh. Also a glass of blood and water for me." She said with a soft smile at the girl then looked away handing her the menu. " I am glad you get too see your family. I went to visit mine as much as I could. Especially when the children go older. They all took after their father with mage blood so they moved too the mage outer cities because stay close to home was no way too live and a mage alone was not necessarily a good thing in these lands then." She said the last thing once the Waitress was well out of hearing range. She then frowned and said "Sorry I am rambling...I tend to do that just cough or something when I get off topic. So Your family. How many are there Siblings. And what about your parents?"
Back to top Go down
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Ishia flashed a smile to the waitress and handed her his menu. Mizumi, for what he thought was for the pretense of the waitress standing there, started talking about family. He wasn't sure that was something Mizumi really wanted to talk about, but he didn't begrudge her. Finally, she asked about his family. Somewhat shocked, Ishia said, "I have an older brother and sister, and i'm the youngest out of the three. Jaxyn, the oldest out of all of us, spends most of his time near home. He's got a mountain lion form and an eagle form. Ayana, my sister, has a mountain grizzly form and a hawk form. She tends to stay near the foothills by the werewolves, though. Ishia looked thoughtfully at Mizumi. "I'm actually the first child of my family to come out this far. Mom and Pa tend to stay at home, and they never left the mountains. So when they found out I was leaving the mountains, they were surprised, but also proud."
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 7:23 pm

"That's wonderful. I am always glad too hear when parents are proud of their children for doing things that make them stretch to be greater then the small place they live in. My children where in there mid 20's when I left and they had just started reaching out. They boys started their mage training under different masters then their father.The girls where just getting ready to to go out on an adventure to some of the mage cities they had never seen. "She smiled at him softly. There was pain in that smile but not the over whelming heart break that he saw there the day she was released.

Last edited by Mizumi on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 7:24 pm

"That's wonderful. I am always glad too hear when parents are proud of their children for doing things that make them stretch to be greater then the small place they live in. My children where in there mid 20's when I left and they had just started reaching out. They boys started their mage training under different masters then their father.The girls where just getting ready to to go out on an adventure to some of the mage cities they had never seen. "She smiled at him softly. There was pain in that smile but not the over whelming heart break that he saw there the day she was released.
Back to top Go down
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Ishia nodded, noting the hint of sadness in Mizumi's eyes. It wasn't like the last time he saw her, full of anguish and disbelief. No, it was a sadness, a remembrance, more so. It looked as if Mizumi had finally accepted the losses in her life, but Ishia wasn't sure she had accepted her new life among people. The waitress brought the drinks then, assuring the pair that their food would be ready shortly. Ishia flashed another smile, knowing slightly how he came off to people. He didn't care though. So what if people thought him flirty? He was happy just to be himself, and if he was flirty, he was going to be flirty! He took his glass of water and took a sip, smiling at Mizumi over the glass.
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 8:01 pm

Mizumi smiled back and then said " And what is that smile about." She said with a chuckle and taking a sip of the blood that was given too her. She pulled her braid over her shoulder and started playing with the end of it. It seemed like it was a long lived habit playing with her hair. but then again with hair that long how could you not play with it. " I Have no clue what to do. I have a very specific skill set. so I am not sure what to do too get...umm." She paused thinking and then said " To get worked back into society." She smiled at him half heartedly then quickly looked away from him.
Back to top Go down
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Ishia smiled wider and said jokingly, "What, can't a guy smile for the sake of smiling?" He chuckled and set down his glass when Mizumi started playing with her hair again and voice her concerns about reintroduction into society. Ishia's face fell into a thoughtful and pensive look. It was true, Mizumi's skills would leave her as a mercenary or bodyguard, but if anyone found out who she was, there was a good chance of either being bum rushed by people for her presence alone or having assassins sent to her were high. That wouldn't do. Ishia needed to help Mizumi find some way to reacclimate herself to society. The more Ishia thought about it, the better one idea started to sound. He smiled at Mizumi again and asked, "Have you ever run a store before, Mizumi?"
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 8:19 pm

" I admit that is one thing I have never done. I have been a Oracal,a Merc, a Bodyguard, a Bard, a street Minstrel, hell I have even been a maid. But I have never even thought about running a shop." She she said with a bit of Humor in her voice " You think i would be good as a Shop Keeper? "She leaned forward a bit wondering what he was thinking she could even sell much less sell with out causing too much damage if she screwed up with prices or in any other way.
Back to top Go down
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Ishia leaned in and was about to speak when the waitress came with their food. Quickly, Ishia sat back and let her place the food on the table. She was a fairly good looking waitress, semi-long black hair, slim but muscled figure. The waitress must have known she was nice to the eye, and Ishia played along, catching her before she could walk off. He asked to pay in advance, got the bill, and paid her in full, and also handing her several pieces of gold with a wink. He knew she had fallen for his little seduction, even if she herself didn't realize it. He finally let her get on with her job, relishing his brief victory. He turned back to Mizumi with a wolfish, well more bobcat, grin on his face before saying, "I'm not sure what I think you'd be good at, but I know for a fact I have one, and I could hire you for the time being to let you reintroduce yourself into society, or even stay on full time, it's up to you. In any event, i'll let you think about it while we eat." Ishia spooned a mouthful of stew into his mouth as soon as he finished speaking.
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 9:07 pm

Mizumi rolled her eyes at his Flirtations but when he offered her a place in his shop she was a little shocked and kinda relived that she could do something so mundane. She went and bent her head over her stake and did not speak again tell after she was done and said " I think I will take you up on the offer. I need too get out of the Vampire cities tell I can hide my...'Difference' better. for most vampires can see right through the fact that i am not as young as I have been acting." She bit her lip nodding mostly to her self as of trying too make herself think this was a good Idea. But at the very least she will get some money for it and at the most maybe she will be good at it.
Back to top Go down
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 9:17 pm

Ishia continued to munch on his food, finishing the stew first and then continuing onto the chop. He had just about finished when Mizumi spoke up. She decided to take his offer on account of her not being able to hide her age. Still, as Ishia looked at her, she seemed hesitant. He nodded to himself and said to Mizumi seriously, "It wouldn't be much. Just making sure orders are right, getting the items a customer requires, and stocking for now. I handle everything, from hunting to skinning to prices and management. I actually don't employ people, so it would be more of a partnership. But it would be hands on training, and if you want you can even come with me hunting. But that would be up to you." He raised an eyebrow to Mizumi and finished off the last of his lamb.
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Mizumi nodded most of her nerves going away. "I enjoy hunting but I might wait a bit but I guess this old dog can learn some new tricks." She chuckled and finished her cup of blood and started playing with her braid again. "I will need to grab what little things i have stashed outside the town. And I am more then willing to wait for you while you visit your family. "She said smiling again at him softly.
Back to top Go down
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Ishia shook his head. "Already did. I was on my way back." He drained his water and stood up. "Just come get me when you're ready. I'll be at my stall." Ishia held out his hand to Mizumi to help her up. Sure, he could be a flirt, but he also knew how to be courteous and polite. The flirtiness was a choice rather than a way of being, though he apparently was a natural flirt. Regardless, he wanted to make sure Mizumi knew he wasn't trying to seduce her in any way. He was concerned for her was all and with any of his friends, he tries to do anything he can. "Besides," Ishia thought to himself jokingly, "It's not like you don't have quite a bit of money as it is, and to help out a friend, I'd rather give it to them than spend it."
Back to top Go down
Mizumi

Mizumi

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Mizumi smiled takeing his hand and letting him help her up. She then said "Thank you Ishia."I will come see you tonight when everything has calmed down then." She then bowed her head a little and moved out the door quickly. She moved out of the city and after an hour or so she found her little cave and collected her things. She didn't have much a really cheap knife and a few articals of clothing and some blankets that made her bed. and it took her less then an hour to get everything packed and ready to be on the move and made so that it didn't look like she was even there.

She moved back too the city and got some thing she would need. one was the food jars that she would need too travel so she wouldn't have too just hunt to find blood. Anyway animal blood was not nearly as satisfying as much as other blood. Finally she got everything and she was out of gold again. but she shrugged and moved twords the closing down market and soon found Ishia's stall and said "Hello Stranger."
Back to top Go down
Ishia Oteara

Ishia Oteara

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Ishia helped her up, making sure not trip her up. She said she'd see him tonight and hurried out the door. "Such a strange woman, she is." He thought humorously. He sighed and walked out, winking at the waitress as he left. She had her looks going for her, but she knew she was a looker, and that was a turn off for Ishia. Not that he wanted to settle down yet. He shook his head and returned to the stall.

He was closing up after a good day of sales when he heard a familiar voice call out to him. Mizumi was joking with him, and he felt like being a little coy. He turned to Mizumi and said with a little humor, "Why hello there, ma'am. What can I do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things have Changed.(Ishia)   Things have Changed.(Ishia) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things have Changed.(Ishia)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next