Night Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With war around every corner, how will you handle the future?

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Romance Unaware
A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 7:09 pm by Jinkx

» First Impressions [Mizumi]
A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:25 pm by Strix Blackblade

» Attacked by...love? (Zeth and Melane)
A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:18 am by Zeth

» Things have Changed.(Ishia)
A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Mizumi

» Ragnell - Zeth's blade
A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:32 am by Luna

» Love is in the air
A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:24 am by Luna

» Try Try Try Again
A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 7:01 pm by Jinkx

» Events!
A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 4:09 pm by Moriarty

» Site Updates
A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 8:54 pm by Luna

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:02 pm

A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaylyn Nisandern

Shaylyn Nisandern

A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) Empty
PostSubject: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 2:32 am

Shaylyn was shaking. Ever since she had gotten home from visiting that bastard, her mother has been telling her to write letters to her to be husband. So they got along to begin with. That didn't mean they weren't fighting. Actually that entire time they were fighting. It was a battle of words that only the two could actually understand. If their parents could, well it might have gone a lot worse than it really was. But regardless, her mother wanted Shaylyn to start writing Trever love letters in hopes their love will blossom like a spring flower and grow over time as they figure out where they were going to be living. Day in and day out her mother would hound her about this. She had begged for extra scouting missions around their territory. But quickly that wasn't going to work. Her commander wasn't going to allow her to pick up more just to run away from her own mother. Shay cursed her and left only to get found by her mother again. Did this woman not know how to leave her the fuck alone? So she ran off into the woods. Ran as far as her two (and sometimes four) legs would take her.

Where she ended up was the very outskirts of her own tribe. It was the hazy area of it still being under their control, but it wasn't exactly guarded. The scouts only sometimes went this far. But for right now that was fine. Actually that was more than fine it was perfect. There was no one that was going to be around to see her lose her shit nor anyone to tell her to deal with it. So the she wolf could throw a fit if she really wanted to.

And so she did.

Shay lifted anything and everything up off the ground and started throwing things in one direction and then the other. If she couldn't pick them up, she would kick them with her boot. She would even go as far as to piss on thing...but she was above that. Trever would do something like that and there was no way she was going to stoop to that level. And when everything was all thrown and kicked, the she wolf sat down upon a large rock, held her head in her hands, and screamed in frustration.

"How did I get stuck in this fucking stupid relationship?!" the wolf asked herself angrily. She lifted her head and turned to one side, her nose up in the air and pretending to be her mother. "Because you blah blah blah and I'm so jealous of my only child and I want to see you be miserable and I don't want you to be happy with the guy you actually like so we'll set you up with fucking Trever Dick Valens and you will like it. I got your father to say yes so guess you have to~" She let out a growl and sat there, glaring at the nothingness before her. "Maybe if I kill him I don't have to marry him."
Back to top Go down
Melanie Rachael Havnos

Melanie Rachael Havnos

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 4:28 am

It had been two days. Two days, six hours, thirty-two minutes and her footsteps through the grass counted the seconds as they ticked by. "Just one drink. It won't take long. Five... fifteen minutes? Fifteen minutes at most," she assured herself as she entered the woods west of Zalsabad. Moonlight shone down through the trees casting an eerie glow on Melanie's pale complexion. Her hands, fidgety and shaky. "Do you hear yourself, Melanie? You're worse than your father. This isn't alcohol. This isn't simply a drink. It's blood. It's killing. It's murder..."

Melanie froze in her tracks having referred to herself as a murderer. Flashes of images from years ago came flooding back. Her father. A steak knife. Her mother. Blood pouring from her chest. ...blood.

Melanie broke down in tears, her hands shaking so violently in an onset of self-rage that she punched the closest tree to calm herself. She didn't feel the pain; too hyped up on adrenaline. As her own blood poured from her knuckles she calmed dramatically; somehow satisfied. She took a deep breath before the image sank into her mind. Her stomach turned like sour milk and she vomited. "Oh, perfect, cause you weren't pale enough already," she snapped at herself sarcastically.

She wiped her bloody knuckles off on her pants, unable to tolerate the sight of her own blood without feeling ill. That was nothing new. She had always had a weak stomach to her own blood. Anyone else's was no problem at all. Only her own.

She pulled herself together, physically, at least, and continued deeper into the forest. At this point she no longer intended to feed nor did she intend not to feed. She was so out of it, that moving forward was the only thing that felt remotely like progression. Though, she hadn't felt true progression in years. Her life had been at a standstill since she was turned. She made money, kept herself alive, slept, and repeated. She was too afraid of herself to have a social life. Too afraid of turning on them when they needed her the most. Of preying on them. Of of them finding out her secret and hating her like she hated herself.

She'd lost track of how much walking she'd done by the time she finally escaped her spiraling thoughts enough to realize her surroundings. The sound of tossed rocks, rustled bushes, and thrown branches snapped her out of it. It wasn't coming from too far away. How far had she been wandering? What time was it anymore? She wasn't even sure. Too weak to hold up her own weight any longer, she leaned against a tree, in the shadows, and watched a girl as she vented her emotions on her surrounding environment.

"You sure showed Mother Nature a thing or two," Melanie commented from off to the side. She didn't bother turning toward the girl to observe her reaction. She was tired and she assumed the worst from life in general at this point. Why would this conversation be any different? "Gotta feel bad for any guy with Dick in his name." She chuckled at her own joke; though it came out more like a tired huff of exhalation. Despite her joke, she fully believed his middle name was actually Dick.

As she turned toward the girl to address her directly, the moonlight caught her face revealing the eerie glow off her pale skin. Her eye makeup was thoroughly runny and beyond repair. Her hair caught a twig or two that she hadn't seemed to notice in her wanderings. Blood dribbled from the knuckles on her right hand and a blood smear was clearly visible across her pants. Aside from all of that, it was apparent she hadn't slept well for the past couple days. If you were to look up the word 'zombie' in the dictionary, an image like her's is what you'd expect to see.

"Fathers, got to love 'em," her eyes were dead as she spoke those words. She was referring to both the girl's comment about her own father agreeing with her mother on the arranged marriage and her own father. "Who are we killing?" she finally addressed. It was difficult to tell if she was legitimately asking who was the husband to be, if she were offering her services in the task, or simply referring to the girl in the royal plural, as she was completely mono-toned.
Back to top Go down
Shaylyn Nisandern

Shaylyn Nisandern

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 9:08 pm

Shaylyn lifted her head and glanced to the source of the voice. What was out here talking to her in the dead of the night? Her eyes stared this creature down. It looked as if it was something out of a nightmare. Should she move towards it? Or should she kill it? And then it spoke again. Feeling sorry for a guy named Dick? Wait. She heard her yelling and ranting right there? She had to, how else was she going to know about her saying dick between Trever's first and last name? So Shaylyn moved closer just in time to have the girl turn towards her. That wasn't creepy at all. It caused her to jump back a step. It knew she was going for her. It knew. How? Maybe this was the ghost of Christmas Future coming to haunt her. Wait. No. It wasn't Christmas and it was already past midnight. Too late for that crap. But still, it creeped her out.

And it talked again, asking who they were going to kill. Shaylyn wasn't sure how to handle this. This nightmare-ish girl had this dead look in her eyes. Should she say something now? Should she run away and tell her mother that she was sorry for ever going against her and to end whatever curse she placed upon her only daughter's head? No. That was a cowardly thing to do. Shaylyn was a warrior of the Southern Tribe. Nothing was going to make her turn and run away with her tail between her legs. She was going to make her stand and take on this creature.

Standing tall, the she wolf cleared her throat and spoke to it. "We are not going to kill anything. Why are you here demon?" There, that should get it's attention right? Totally. Now it could more than likely just sit there and die. Or it could come after her. Maybe calling this she devil a demon wasn't the smartest thing in the world. What happens if it was actually out to kill something and since Shay was the only thing her, it was gong to kill her. Maybe she should try and be nice to it. Yeah. Be nice to things trying to kill you and you should live.

She shifted into a more relaxed pose and crossed her arms over her chest. Taking another good look at the thing against the tree, Shaylyn couldn't help but notice how pale she was. Was the creature dying? For that matter, what kind of creature was it? Sniffing the air, the wolf tried to get a good whiff of her scent. But at this distance, there was no way she was going to. Maybe if she got closer? No. Better to keep her distance than try and get closer. "Are you dying or something? You know dying isn't good for your health. Are you from the human village or from one of the werewolf tribes? I don't really recall your face so you can't be in the military in the Southern Tribe."
Back to top Go down
Melanie Rachael Havnos

Melanie Rachael Havnos

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 9:57 pm

As to be expected the girl received her presence poorly. Melanie found it odd though that someone who looked ready to take on the world just moments prior, seemed so sheepish, suddenly. It gave her a minor boost in confidence until she realized that she probably looked like death and it had little or nothing to do with respecting her potential ability to fight. Fight? She could barely stand. The thought of fighting, itself, was exhausting.

Something odd washed over her though seeing this girl so frightened. Her skin was quite pink. She must've been warm. The thought made Melanie shiver in remembrance of how cold she felt; like every wisp of body-heat was being carried away by the chilling wind. Melanie found herself gazing at the girl pondering how her blood might taste. Metallic, no doubt. Like a penny or a paper clip. Her eyes looked on, longingly. A gaze best compared to a mix of hunger and lust.

The girl began to reply to her but she couldn't focus on the words until the very last; '...demon.' Did she look that sinister? The thought broke her from her trance-like state. She shook her head to try to rid herself of the desire to feed. She settled on simply facing a nearby tree. Don't look at her. Like one shouldn't look at a water-fountain when they have to urinate.

"I'm sorry I startled you. Am I dying?" she paused on the question a little longer than she planned to. "Some days I wish I was," she mumbled under her breath. She wasn't sure if the girl heard her or not. It was more audible than intended, but at this point she didn't care either way. "Wait, was that Trever Valens?" Her exhausted state subsided enough to let the name sink in. She recalled it from approximately two days prior. She had met a Trever in a cave. He seemed odd, but nice enough. "You're having an arranged marriage with him?" She said this with surprise. She didn't expect this at all. She doesn't seem to care one way or the other, however. Just a sudden realization.

"I'm sorry. I've been creepy. I've been rude. Allow me to start over. I'm Melanie from the Human town of Zalsabad. I'm sorry for my state. I simply feel very ill," she admitted honestly.
Back to top Go down
Shaylyn Nisandern

Shaylyn Nisandern

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 10:23 pm

This was getting creepier and creepier. The way this girl was looking at her seemed as if she was a ready to launch herself from the ground and feed on Shaylyn. As if this girl was a vampire. The thought made her hair stand on end and a growl form in her throat. If there was anything on this earth Shay hated above anything else in the world, it was vampires. Those bastards and her own kind have been at war with one another for as long as anyone could remember. How it started really depended upon what story you hear and who is telling it. Regardless of how it started, blood was spilled on both fronts and neither were going to back down. Shaylyn least of all. She hated most races other than her own....though she could tolerate Changelings and normal Humans the most. Vampires and mages were on the hit list. And Trever Valens. Him too, regardless if she was to marry him.

Speaking of Trever Valens, it seemed as if this girl knew of him. Actually that wasn't surprising. She was convinced every female creature knew about this mutthoe. Be it from actually meeting him themselves, or through stories passed from one girl he fucked to another. It made her sick. Why hasn't his dick fallen off yet? Someone should really cut it off at this rate. Maybe then things could get better for her. "Not by choice. Trust me. My mother is a bitch and thinks this is going to put me into place by pairing me up with him." Shay rolled her eyes and snarled at the thought. "Honestly it would be better if he just fell off the face of the earth. Or died. Killing him myself is ideal, but I doubt I am going to get that honor."

Her eyes returned to the dying thing on the ground and examined it. She, Melanie, was from the human city close by. Did that mean she was human? She was wearing make-up so that could have been a possibility. But there was also a possibility that she could be a Mage or a Changeling or another Werewolf....or even a Vampire. So Shaylyn decided to play it carefully. If she was going to approach this being, should she keep a healthy distance from her so she couldn't reach out and grab her? But she did say she was ill so maybe that was why she was looking so pale. If this was a werewolf, Shay would do whatever she could to help her. But if it wasn't? Would she even bother?

If it was a vampire more than likely not. But again, she wasn't sure.

"How do you know Trever Valens? Did you sleep with him? Or did he just merely ruffle you up and send you on your way?" Shaylyn watched the girl to see if she was going to spring at her as she took a few more steps closer. This really wasn't safe, for either of them. But that was beside the point. Maybe more questions to help her out. "If you're so sick, then what are you doing all the way out here, Melanie? You should be at home resting. Or seeing a doctor. Yet you are on the very fringes of the Southern Werewolf Pack. Were you trying to kill us or something? I'll have you know that the scouts here don't take kindly to other races trying to worm their way into our home. For that matter we don't take kindly to other werewolves trying to do damage to us either."
Back to top Go down
Melanie Rachael Havnos

Melanie Rachael Havnos

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 10:47 pm

Melanie had to fight to simply stand at this point, still leaning against her tree to keep vertical. "Why do you have to do what your parents say? Why not simply ignore their arrangement and marry who you want?" The question seemed reasonable, least to her. Surely another Werewolf would understand the situation better though.

"I didn't sleep with Trever, no. I mean... he made his advance. But, I wasn't impressed with his resume of women. Also, I like to say more than two words to a person, usually, before ripping off my clothes for them"

At the bombardment of questions, Melanie sighed weakly. "I'm not a Werewolf. As I said, I'm from Zalsabad. I apologize for trespassing. I lost track of where I was wandering; lost in my own thoughts." Melanie glanced down to her dripping knuckles at that but quickly glanced away before becoming queasy. "I mean no one any harm. ...I mean that," her voice sounded surprisingly pleading and sincere as if, without actually carrying it out, she were begging to be believed. "Do I really look like a threat?" she asked as she undid her belt allowing her belt and daggers to drop to the ground at the base of her tree. She then attempted to stand on her own feet and take a couple steps toward Shaylyn, hands raised, as a display of peace. However, after only her second step, she stumbled to the ground, sprawled out on the rocky grass on her right-hand side; too weak to even attempt to stand again at the moment. "I'll just... lay here a moment," she mumbled into the dirt.
Back to top Go down
Shaylyn Nisandern

Shaylyn Nisandern

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 10:56 pm

She wasn't sure if she was excited that Trever actually found another girl that didn't just open her legs up for him, or a bit upset that she couldn't add another 'problem' to the ever growing list that was dubbed Trever Valens. But that was beside the point and she was getting a head of herself.

The comment of her just ignoring what her parents said about this made Shaylyn frown. "One does not simply say no to your parents about these kind of matters. We werewolves are a race of pride. It's my family's name that is at stake here. If I simply just say no, then we'll be shamed. The same goes for him. And to just try and cut the ties ourselves is a no go either. But that doesn't mean we both don't want to have it be over. You just don't get it. You're a human. You just can't understand my way of life." Some might call her racist. Maybe she was. Or maybe that was just how she felt. It really didn't matter. Shaylyn wasn't the type of person to curb her words. If she wanted to say something, she was going to say it.

Then Melanie started to get up; saying that she wasn't a threat to anyone. Well that might have been true, but it didn't matter. She was getting rather close to the guard patrols. It was a good thing she wasn't on duty tonight. If she was, well she would have done more to push her out of the area. Or at least turn her around. But that wasn't her job. If someone had actually let her do a job tonight, then she would have pushed more. But again, not her problem.

It was at this moment the poor girl fell upon the ground. Like really? This is a thing? How is this possibly a thing? And all Shay could do was stare at her upon the ground. Should she do something about this? Maybe it would be better to just...take her home to her own home. Melanie's home, not Shaylyn's. There was no way she was going to bring a strange creature that looks like it could kill everyone into the very heart of her home. This wasn't the Central Tribe. So will a huff, the werewolf got down on one knee and started helping this poor girl to her fee.t "Alright. On your feet. I'll get you home or something. You are seriously looking like you are going to die out here."
Back to top Go down
Melanie Rachael Havnos

Melanie Rachael Havnos

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

As Shaylyn began to explain her race's concept of family, honor, and commitment, she was legitimately interested. She found herself curious to learn more. Though now was hardly the time for such a discussion. Afterall, it could take mere moments for Shaylyn to decide to kill Melanie right then and there.

But, with Melanie laying on the ground like a sack of potatoes, it seemed Shaylyn finally believed her not to be much of a threat. Accurately so, at least in her current state. Melanie tasted dirt and grass unintentionally. "I'm hungry," she whined in realization, still without moving.

It caught her by surprise when Shaylyn walked over with some element of concern. She offered to take her back home. Were werewolves really this compassionate. She assumed she surely would've been gutted open by now. Yet, so defenseless, she was being helped rather than harmed. She helped Shaylyn help her as best as she could. With the help, she was able to stumble to her feet; needing to lean her weight on Shaylyn to keep standing."You hate me, don't you," Melanie lost the ability to think her words through before speaking due to being so physically and mentally weak. "So why are you helping me?" she asked genuinely confused.
Back to top Go down
Shaylyn Nisandern

Shaylyn Nisandern

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:13 pm

Shaylyn took Melanie's arm and put it around her neck, practically carrying the girl forward. Her yellow eyes looked forward and more or less ignored her. She was hungry? Well good for her. She was kinda hungry herself. Actually she was a bit more hungrier than she thought she was going to be. But that was fine. After she dealt with this she could go home and get something to eat. Or she could just hunt something down and cook something for herself out here. Or even go over to Link's house and complain to him. He always listened to her and comforted her on this issue. And he was a damn good cook too. But that was beside the point.

Melanie spoke again, pulling Shaylyn out of her thoughts. Her eyes looked down at this girl. Did she hate her? Well Shaylyn hated a lot of things. She hated Trever, she hated vampires, she hated hot weather; but did she just simply hate her? Returning her golden eyes forward, the she wolf spoke. "Yeah I hate a lot of things. But I don't know exactly if I hate you." She thought it over for a moment. Was hate the right word here? She didn't exactly trust her nor did she actually want to deal with her. So why was she helping this girl?

Well it was simple. Melanie was getting too close to her home.

"Have you ever looked at a wounded animal before?" Again she didn't bother looking to this girl. There really was no reason to. "When you corner them, they fight for their lives. They try to do everything in their power to make sure they live to fight another day even if they happen to be dying. That is when a creature is the most violent. When they have nothing left to lose, or everything to lose if they do. Something like that is not something I want close to my family."

It was the truth. If she let Melanie just hang around here, she would die but maybe even try and kill people just because they, her people, want to kill her. She might not seem like she was a threat, but Shaylyn knew better than that. Throughout all her years in the military fighting both other werewolves and whatever threats came around her home, you never just let something hurt lie there. It would always get up and attack again at one point. Never turn your back on an enemy. No matter what was going on. She learned that the hard way when she was younger and still green.

"And if I help you right now, that solves my problem of feeling like I jut left you to wonder in my backyard and have you come and attack me when my back was turned. I really don't like the thought of dying myself or someone I love dying."
Back to top Go down
Melanie Rachael Havnos

Melanie Rachael Havnos

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 11:54 pm

Melanie found Shaylyn's reasoning rather odd. "If you disliked me and found me a threat, why not simply kill me?" she asked curiously. Afterall, would the world really miss a Vampire? One less blood-sucker would do the world some good. Not like she had anything to live for anyway.

Melanie listened through the rest of Shaylyn's words in quiet; feeling the questions were more rhetorical and needed no actual response.

She could sink her teeth into Shaylyn's neck right now, she thought. In this position, it would be easy. All reasons she had to fight this desire faded like a distant dream she could hardly remember even happened. Blood on her lips and tongue. Warm and fresh. Although, there was one reason that held her back. Feeding upon Shaylyn would certainly be taken as an attack and Shaylyn would retaliate. Melanie would die. She was so weak that she could hardly stand, let alone fight. Feeding meant death. She just needed to make it home and send Shaylyn on her way as soon as possible. Melanie had a reserve of jars of blood for emergency use hidden in her house. She had attempted to avoid tapping into her jars of blood by feeding on animals out in the woods but she underestimated how weak she was from starving herself and ended up too weak to carry it out. "I've own a small house in Zalsabad with a cabin-like interior. You can simply drop me off at the doorstep," she explained.

"So you're one of the Werewolves' patrol?" she wondered hardly remembering what she's been told; finding it difficult to concentrate. But that sounded like it made sense from the haze of information she had been told. "This is one heck of a late shift. That really sucks. I'm sorry for ruining your night," she conveyed. "Seems it's the only thing I know how to do," she finished in a mumble.

Melanie respected Shaylyn. She didn't know why, but Shaylyn had this authority about her. A certain strength in her composure that rivaled Melanie at her best. It gave Melanie a desire to fight Shaylyn. Not as an enemy, but as a duel in friendly competition. To see who was actually stronger. Who was smarter. Who was faster. Now wasn't the time for this duel. But at this moment, she swore, some day, she would find out who was better. She would have this duel. She'd make sure of that...
Back to top Go down
Shaylyn Nisandern

Shaylyn Nisandern

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 12:16 am

All this talking about killing this girl was getting annoying. Like really. Why did this girl want to die so badly? To Shaylyn, just throwing your life away was a waste. If you were going to go down, why not go down fighting? Humans were really stupid creatures. Maybe it was just the fact that she had lived all her life fighting. If it wasn't for the last piece of meat, it was to see who was the better fighter in her ranks. And even now she was fighting with her parents to cancel this marriage. But that was a losing battle and she knew it. Or maybe it was just a difference in races. Yeah. Maybe as simple as that. Since Shaylyn felt like talking this poor girl's ear off, she might as well continue.

"To simply kill just because is below me. I'm not going to kill you just because you ask me of it. I don't see you dying or mortally wounded so I'm not going to do it. It's simple enough to just pick you up and carry you off and toss you somewhere else. You humans really are confusing." She let out a huff and looked to this girl. She was getting weaker by the minute. At this rate, she was going to have to actually take her to her house instead of just dropping her off at the closest human upon the street like she thought.

With a sigh, the werewolf just simply scooped the girl up and carried her bridal style. This was going to go faster than just dragging her along. And if the girl complained? Well she didn't care. She could bitch and moan the entire way there for all she cared. Shay already got herself this far into the situation, might as well just follow it all the way through.

And so she picked up the pace.

"I'm currently not on duty right now. My commanding officer wouldn't give me anymore shifts because I was being a 'whiny bitch.'" She rolled her eyes and huffed again. "But yeah, I am in the military. A pretty damn good fighter if you ask anyone." A wolfish grin formed upon her face as she thought about it. She could take anyone down. Or just about anyone down. Only a few could actually best her in the tribe. "I can beat all the males in my tribe who think they are better than me. In fact, I've only lost to three guys. I don't mean to brag though. I'm not the strongest in the tribe. I haven't gone around and taken everyone down head on nor do I want to go out and try and boost my own glory."

Shaylyn became quiet for a while. She concentrated on where she was going. Sniffing the air, she guided herself towards the strong scent of humans. She hadn't made the trip herself before. Then again she never really cared to. This was the first time ever actually stepping into a human made city. Once she entered the outskirts of it, she glanced around trying to pinpoint where Melanie lived. "What direction do you live in?"
Back to top Go down
Melanie Rachael Havnos

Melanie Rachael Havnos

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 12:45 am

Melanie was relieved, it seemed Shaylyn had decided to assume Melanie was Human. That was the safest possible conclusion she could've made. Maybe Melanie could make it through the night without causing some interracial conflict with the Werewolf military. Yes, that would be nice.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Shaylyn lifting her up and carrying her. Her speed picked up. Melanie had been walking too slowly. She could tell Shaylyn wanted the night to be over as fast as possible. Truth be told, so did Melanie. But being lifted startled her and she flailed a bit at the very start worried she might be dropped due to the lack of warning. She calmed though shortly after. Why was Shaylyn taking her all the way home. It was something Melanie still couldn't understand. Carry her out of werewolf territory, sure. But traveling into Human territory, when Humans in the past had been so outwardly aggressive towards all other races, just to take Melanie home... was downright bizarre. Maybe Shaylyn cared more about Melanie's safety than she cared to let on. Perhaps more than she cared to admit to herself as well.

Shaylyn was awfully proud of her accomplishments; all seemingly revolving around her ability to fight. Melanie thought she had every right to her gloating. She must've seemed pathetic to Shaylyn though at the moment. Melanie wondered if Shaylyn could even detect Melanie's potential on the battlefield whatsoever. She probably thought Melanie not much of a fighter at all with how quick she was to just give up on life. With how depressed she sounded. But perhaps what Shaylyn didn't realize was that Melanie had fought all her life. And now, she was finally reaching her limit. She was losing the will to keep it up. She no longer saw a point.

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but since you met me, you'll have just one more advesary to contend with before being able to declare yourself the best fighter ever," she smirked. She wanted her duel and she was determined she would get it. "When I have recovered, I challenge you to a duel. A non-lethal competition to determine the better fighter." She would then say one line that she expected to seal the deal. "Now, can you turn down the challenge?" she asked as though she were saying 'checkmate' after a professional-level game of chess.

Now entering the Human city of Zalsabad, Melanie gave her directions toward a small neighborhood tucked away on the residential side of Zalsabad; and finally, right to her front door.
Back to top Go down
Shaylyn Nisandern

Shaylyn Nisandern

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 1:00 am

What was this? Melanie was challenging her to a duel? That wasn't something you got every day. Well, not by a human of course. Did this girl not know about a werewolf's howl? Sure her's wasn't as amazing as Trever's....even though she didn't want to admit it....but hers was still rather annoying to deal with. Shaylyn glanced down at this girl in her arms as if she was the craziest thing that had ever roamed the face of the earth. "You want to challenge me? A werewolf? Did you hit your head on something when I wasn't looking?"

But then this girl challenged her again. It almost sounded like she was calling Shaylyn a coward. Could she refuse a fight? Never. Not in a million years. If this human wanted a fight, she was going to get one. A grin formed upon her face as she headed towards the city itself. "Alright. Then I accept your challenge. If you think I'm going to simply go easy on you just because you're weak right now, you better start thinking otherwise. Anything can happen while in the heat of battle. But I'll promise to make sure I don't kill you. Wolf's honor."

Now they had finally entered the city. Shaylyn had become quiet again. Her golden eyes glanced from shadow to shadow. It actually made her a bit uneasy to be in here. Would people come out of their houses if they found out she was a werewolf? Would they get the pitchforks and torches out and try and kill her? From the stories that she had heard when she was a kid, humans didn't do very nice things to wolf kind. Many had gone out of their way to hunt them down and skin them. Throw their fur on the ground like they would with bears. Just to have a 'pretty' throw rug in front of the fireplace. It made her sick. You didn't seem werewolves hunting humans down and skinning them did you? Just because their other form was wolf like, didn't mean they were beasts. Werewolves had feelings, they cared about life. If your threatened them, they would go after you.

And so she moved forward through the city with as much haste as she could. Her eyes making sure to keep an eye out for anything that shifted in the night. Maybe it was a good thing that she was doing this in the dead of the night. Not many people would be out. It wasn't like back at home where you had a watch going at every hour of the day and night. Regardless, Shaylyn carried the girl to the house that Melanie told her to go to. The sooner they were inside, the better.

(Continued in Zalsabad, City Center...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)   A Midnight Run In. (Melanie) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Midnight Run In. (Melanie)
Page 1 of 1